Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Moon Is Two Faced - The Power of Uncertainty

By Harmony Thiessen

Nothing is as it seems.

I thought the man in the moon was the moon.

I have been taught that from childhood. The moon was always looking at our world and observing, bathing us in shimmering silver and lighting our path in the darkest night.

Now, I learn from some of the latest science headlines, that the moon is two-faced. The side I don't see is quite different from my rehearsed image. Hiding behind, on the side of the moon I can't see from earth, is a moon without the "deep seas" now filled with lava.

Does it make the moon any less my lunar friend?

Discovering that I don't know everything, that I can't label it as "got the t-shirt," and realizing the picture is bigger than my natural mind can conceive, is delightful to the Golden Zen mind.

Uncertainty is in fact my friend. It resides throughout my world of form and inspires me beyond my daily limitations.

The prevailing fear we have of moving forward, trying something new, and changing direction is often a fear of uncertainty.

But in fact, some of the best moments of your life probably occured when you were not prepared for it. We say "that came right out of the blue!"

There is so much more possible in this moment than I could ever imagine in my limited thinking. It is simply hiding on the other side of the moon.

What seems solid, for sure, absolute, is only an illusion of my mind. In reality, everything is moving, vibrating, evolving and making my world, and your world, limitless.

Besides, I have never known a friend who didn't have a face most people don't see.

Harmony Thiessen is a professional writer and teacher/speaker. Her teachings entitled GOLDEN ZEN, are thought provoking, mind quieting, and practically applicable. Reflective and humorous, her approach to life inspires readers let go of "striving" and enjoy the abundance of "being." Harmony is a business strategist for small business and educator for internet marketing, which adds balance and day-to-day insight to her spiritual approach. http://goldenzen.wordpress.com/

1 comment:

Harmony said...

Thank you for picking up my article for publish, and for your clear identification and trackback.
Blessings,
Harmony

counter