By: Jenny Lin
Wind chimes, also called magic bells, holds a significant presence in Feng Shui. It is without question the most powerful and versatile enhancer and cure to correct Feng Shui defects. The heralds of two wonderful messages: cheerfulness through the sound and life from the wind that breathes into the tubes, wind chimes transform bad and harmful chi that enters your homes or offices into ‘seng chi’, the intrinsic energy which brings good fortune to its occupants.
Wind chimes made of copper, bronze, aluminum, brass and steel are especially potent when there are Feng Shui defects to be corrected in the metal element corners (West and Northwest) and Water element corner (North) because Metal produces Water. Whereas wooden Wind chimes such as those made of bamboos are only effective in the wood element corners (East and Southeast) as well as in the fire element corner (South) because Wood feeds Fire. Use ceramic Wind chimes for the Southwest (love and romance luck), Northeast (knowledge luck) and Center (general luck of the whole family) sectors of the home. These are the Earth energy sectors.
Hanging metal Wind chimes in the wood corners (East and Southeast) is to be avoided since Metal destroys Wood. However exceptions can be made if the annual malignant #5 yellow star and #2 black star resides here or if there is a need to deflect certain Sar Chi (Killing Energy) coming from these (wood) directions because the consequences would be worst if you had not.
As for the number of rods, the best numbers of rods to have is five, six or eight. These are the lucky numbers during this Feng Shui period 8 which starts from year 2004 and ends 2024. However, take note that the number of rods used has different effects on luck. Use six or eight rods if you want to attract good luck in your lives. If you want to suppress bad luck, five is most suitable.
Here are how you can utilize the powerful Wind chimes to Feng Shui your way to a better life.
1. Place a Wind chime inside the toilet to press down the bad luck of the toilet.
2. In Flying Star Feng Shui, the Six rod metal Wind chime made from metal (brass, bronze etc.) is an excellent cure ward-off the evil influences of the malignant #5 yellow star and #2 black star. The #2 black star is also known as the ‘Sickness Star’ which brings illnesses and ailments to occupants while the #5 yellow star is the ‘Disaster Star’ that instigates fights, accidents and death. Hanging the six rod all metal Wind chime on the ceiling in the affected sectors will dissolve these adverse energies.
3. Place a six rod metal Wind chime in the West sector to activate children luck based on the Pakua's Life Aspiration Theory. This sector is also said to represent happiness.
4. Display a six-rod metal Wind chime in the North sector to activate career luck. This sector’s element is water and the use of metal produces water.
5. Hang a six rod metal Wind chime in the Northwest sector to boost your mentor luck or the luck of attracting helpful people, advisers and friends into your life, people who can assist and bring you with abundant opportunities whether it be at work, at school or in your business. The Northwest is a big metal sector and coupled with six being the number representative of the element in this sector, the effect is doubled!
* Make sure Wind chimes are not hung in a way where someone sits, eats, works, sleeps or stand underneath it regularly. It can result in head injuries and other illnesses and accidents.
** Do not hang Wind chimes in sectors containing the #3 star. It will erupt in quarrels among family members and cause tempers to flare.
The Wind chimes makes a thoughtful gift to practically anyone who believes in Feng Shui as it’s so versatile and useful.
Jenny Lin is the author of Feng Shui Products for a Better Life, an online Feng Shui Store offering a wide variety of Feng Shui Wind Chimes.