by M Deskins
So you would like to know how to make your own lucky talisman/charm? The process can take awhile but it can bring wonderful results. I'll explain to you, step by step, how to make your very own.
1. Decide what to use as the "physical base". It can be a piece of jewelry that you plan on wearing for good luck, a rabbit's foot, a four leaf clover that you will carry around, a gemstone, etc.. Pieces of meteorites work wonders considering that you would be carrying something that really is "from another world". It would be considered from "another world" both physically and magickally (after you charge it). Whatever you choose for your "physical base", make sure that it's something that you have a connection with and that would be easy for you to carry around.
2. After you choose the physical base for your charm, spend a few minutes meditating and/or praying over it. Keep it in your hands as you concentrate and ask your higher self/God/or Spirit Guides to help you bless it.
3. Begin "raising your vibrations" while holding it in your hand or wearing it (if it's jewelry). Make sure you do something positive and fun for at least 20 minutes straight every day for a week. Make sure sure the "physical base" is physically touching you as you do it. You can dance, laugh, chant, meditate, etc.. just as long as you're doing something that makes you feel happy. Also make sure you're wearing your favorite clothes while you do this. Visualize the happy/positive energy you're creating is going inside of the physical base.
4. If you are feeling negative, upset, sad, angry, or any BAD FEELING AT ALL, MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT GET AROUND THE PHYSICAL BASE! ONLY get near it when you are in positive moods! It is possible that you may taint it if you touch it while feeling/being negative. That is the last thing you want.
5. Make sure that it passes through the elements at least once during the creation process. Run it through the smoke of incense, around the flame of a candle, a little bit of water, and earth. Also do not forget to meditate/pray to your God or Spirit Guides to ask their blessings. They will help with the spiritual element of creating your talisman/charm.
6. If you were successful with all of the above 5 steps, and consistent with adding positive energy to it for at least 20 minutes a day, then after a week it should be ready. Wear it or carry it around with you wherever you go. Whenever you feel that you need a burst of positive energy or good luck, clutch it to your heart and visualize the positive energy from it soothing you. By then it should be strong enough and filled with enough positive energy that will help you when you are feeling down, and you'll be less likely to "taint it". It would be a good idea, however, to "recharge" it occasionally with more positive energy, and doing steps 2 - 5 all over again. It doesn't have to be recharged often though, only when you feel that it is becoming "weaker' in helping you.
Some magicians/witches/occultists even go as far as naming their talismans. It gives them more of a connection with the energies. "Lend me your strength, _____" It's up to you whether you wish to name yours or not. Just be very careful during the creation process though to ONLY store energy into it while you're in a positive mood. If you succeed in making it strong enough, then it will help balance your bad moods out later when you're feeling negative, as well as bring you better luck.
I am a female who loves writing. I have a love for anything considered "metaphysical". I offer Reiki courses, FREE spiritual healing, teaching, psychic advice, magickal information, etc...http://www.AvonleeStarkeeper.com