Meditation provides a much-needed succor to the battered mind and soul. This fact is known for centuries to ancient civilizations, like Hindu. However, the Western world has only just realized the potency of meditation as a means towards a healthy physical and meta-physical existence. Chakra Meditation is one of the Meditation methods that is most popular the world over purely because of its simplicity and effectiveness in bringing about a change in anyones life.
Chakra Meditation - Basics
Chakra Meditation is the art of balancing and energizing all the seven energy centers in the body, called Chakras, in order to align the flow of energy through them. Heres a brief description of these seven energy centers, or the Chakras:
1. Crown Chakra is situated at the top of the head. It is related to the thought element, which governs our wisdom, knowledge, and consciousness.
2. Brow Chakra, also called The Third Eye Chakra, is situated between the brows on the forehead. It is related to the Light element, which governs our perception, interpretation, and visualization.
3. Solar Plexus or Power Chakra located just above the naval region and related to the element Fire. It governs our will power, autonomy, and metabolism.
4. Heart Chakra governing your general relationships, and feelings of love and compassion is located at the center of the chest and related to the element Air.
5. Throat Chakra located at the base of the throat and related to the element Sound. It governs clear communication, creativity, and resonance during our entire lifespan.
6. Brow or The Third Eye Chakra located between the brows on the forehead and related to the element Light. It governs perception, interpretation, imagination, and clear vision.
7. Root Chakra, also called the Base Chakra, is situated at the base of the spine. It is related to the Earth element, which governs our overall health, security, and prosperity in life.
If you want to reinvent yourself and bring back those vitalizing moments in your life, then theres no substitute to Chakra Meditation. If these vital seven Chakras are rotating in sync, physical, mental, and spiritual well being is assured. Thus, you can safely conclude that Chakra Meditation is the key to overall health of your life, taken as a whole.
Chakra Meditation " The Process
Chakra Meditation involves three techniques in this order:
1. Grounding Technique, which aims at making the body feel connected with Earth. You just need to visualize a root growing from your body and entering into the Earth. This requires intense focus and mental presence during the act of visualization.
2. Centering Technique refers to the process whereby, your body gets prepared to receive the benefits of Chakra Meditation. The actual step involves taking 3-5 deep breaths. And visualization involves the assumption of feeling of relaxation of every body part from toe to head by tightening and relaxing each body part starting from toe, and moving in the northwards direction, till the head. The final act is the visualization of the act of centering a pot on a pottery wheel.
3. Relaxation Technique refers to the process whereby, the body feels relaxed by an act of visualization that suits an individual the best. Every individual is free to adopt his or her own relaxation method.
Here is a simple method of performing Chakra Meditation:
a) Sit or lie down in a comfortable position.
b) Close your eyes and loosen your clothing. The idea is to be in a natural state without any kind of artificial compulsion on the body and mind.
c) Take relaxing breaths " neither too fast nor too slow. Just give up your control on the breath, and let it flow naturally.
d) Start feeling every part of your body from toe to the head in that direction. While your eyes are closed, feel the earth you are lying or sitting on, or the bed you are lying or sitting on, feel the aura around you, feel the clothes you are wearing. Feel everything youd have had your eyes been open. Visualize life in darkness!
e) Initially, your efforts will be met with stiff resistance from negative thoughts and emotions. Dont suppress them! Theyll disappear with time and practice.
f) Dont hinder your awareness! Let it flow freely from one part of the body to another.
Do this exercise for any length of time and at any time of the day!
Paul White is one of the experts who writes for the popular http://www.chakra-balance.com/chakra-meditation/ site. To get a huge amount of free chakra balancing mp3 audios please visit here.