As Pluto moves through Capricorn what are the issues that we need to face?
Pluto stands for transformation, what we need to change. Capricorn stands for the world, what is happening on the earth plane.
There has been a shift in consciousness focus. The old paradigm is seriously under question. This is a time when we must consider the long term and any 'plan' that only considers the next few years is bound to be problematic.
Pluto entered Capricorn on the 26th January 2008. It retrograded back into Sagittarius on the 14th June 2008 and re-entered Capricorn on the 27th November 2008. Pluto will remain in Capricorn until 2023 - 2024.
On the earth plane (physical - ruled by the earth signs) there appear to be a few major issues that humanity as a whole will need to address as Pluto moves through Capricorn.
1) Population density, our primary problem. The huge number of people alive today is creating an unprecedented strain on world resources. There are not enough easily accessible birth control options for women in poorer countries. So third world populations continue to grow, as women cannot control when they will have children.
2) Food, water, clothing, work and shelter. Quite simply, over half the worlds population doesn't have adequate access to the basic necessities of life and live a subsistence, or near subsistence existence.
3) Energy resources. Fossil fuels are becoming harder to access. The age of cheap oil is most likely over. There is still plenty of oil in the world but much of it is harder to access and therefore more expensive than easily accessible oil.
4) Climate change. It appears that the earth is becoming more volatile and unpredictable weather wise. It appears that there is a link between human activities and global weather phenomena.
5) Pollution - environmental: the air we breathe, the physical space we occupy, the noise we make, the thoughts we think. Everything we do has an effect on others. If we only consider our own interests then we are inevitably causing others dis-ease. Thus to make less of a negative impact on the lives of others, it is necessary to consider the wider environment that we live in.
6) Ideology: the cult of the "I", the cult of the "we", the cult of the "us" and the cult of the "them". Any belief system that is closed to other belief systems or values will inevitably end in conflict with other ideologies. The challenge is to live your truth but not deny other people theirs.
How we address the issues we face now is vital to our future. What we do now must be part and parcel of a longer framework of time. Capricorn is about time - the long road ahead. We cannot survive very well as a species if we live only for today. We must also live for tomorrow too. So make a plan for a life time and, if you are very broad in your vision, consider the lifetimes to come after you and how your life has an impact on those who follow in your footsteps.
By: Stephen Winder
Stephen Winder has been an astrologer for over 18 years. He offers readings, astrology resources, articles, a monthly ephemeris, a newsletter and more! You can find more about Pluto in Capricorn by visiting www.astrologer.cc Stephen's website.