Casting a magic spell is not only done through magic wands as television series and movie franchises would lead you to believe. For those educated in spells and magic, candle magic is one of those things that are severely neglected and overlooked, but are so practical and useful that one might consider using them to better and improve their everyday lives even if they do not believe in such things like magic and spells or supernatural powers.
What is candle magic?
Candle magic is one of the most simple forms of magic and can be done practically anywhere with very limited resources available. Candle burning is very practical in its nature because it does not involve any expensive artifacts and any fancy rituals and ceremonies to accomplish. It is so simple, that most people forget the fact that one of the most common modern-day practices of candle burning rituals is still being done all over the world spanning all ages without any form of discrimination or malice - the ceremonial blowing of a birthday candle usually on a birthday cake.
How does candle magic work?
Candle magic is actually considered sympathetic magic, which is basically a principle that channels the power of attraction, or "like attracts like". For most experts and practitioners, candle burning is basically a medium in which an individual focuses their energy and will in order to manifest their greatest dreams and desires. While most of the uninformed public relate candle burning rituals and ceremonies to that of black magic or dark magic, but that is not what candle burning practices are made for.
Candle magic spells and tools you might need
There are many different methods available to an individual interested in learning more about candle magic, and they can usually be performed using two methods:
- The simple method. Is basically performed by lighting a candle in a quiet area and concentrating hard on what you desire while chanting simple key phrases over and over. This can last for as brief or as long as an individual needs
- The advanced method. This may involve a lot of preparation and a lot of different tools such as herbs and nature products that will help the practitioner achieve the level of concentration he or she desires. This method may also last for a number of days or weeks, depending on the desire of the individual
The color of a candle usually have bearing such as red for love and strength and green for money and fertility but it is always a good practice to just choose the color white as substitute for all of the colors. It is also very important that an unused stick of candle be lit up to signify the message of "purity" and "virginity" in the ceremony.
Best books on candle magic
If you are interested in Candle magic, then the best reference will always be books that concentrate on the different spell and magic incantations revolving around candles. Here are a number of different books that might be of interest to the candle magic enthusiast:
Books by Tina Ketch:
- Candle Lighting Encyclopedia Volume 1. Not all acts of candle lighting should originate from casting a spell and magic incantations, and that is what Tina Ketch is trying to prove with her book. In this candle lighting book, she teaches the practicality and use of candle lighting as well as the different methods and techniques to light candles to manifest your desires as well as increase your mood. It concentrates on an individual generating his or her own personal brand of magic, increasing the quality of life and designed to expand the areas of an individual's life.
- Candle Lighting Encyclopedia Volume 2. This is the second volume in the candle lighting series of Tina Ketch, which completely continues and brings forward brave and bold ideas of the effects of candle lighting to our lives. It focuses on freedom of thought as well as laying focus on the inherent capability of man to not only dream, but achieve his dreams. The Author makes it clear that while she does not mind her books being categorized as that dealing with spells and magic, she makes it clear that most of the information in the book is about practical uses of candles and its effects on our daily lives.
- Candle Lighting Ephemeris for the 21st Century. This book is made to be read in unison with Ms. Ketch's other books, as it removes all of the guesswork when it comes to candle lighting techniques and ceremonies, teaching you how to properly know what candle to light and when to light it at the exact moment when you need it. It is designed with the modern user in mind as well, so you can get rid of those old-fashioned rituals and beliefs that are closely related to black magic
- Candle Lighting Workbook. Without jumping to such exercises as spells for magic, Ms. Ketch delves into the practical uses of candles for the modern era, as well as the effects of Candle magic in an individual's life cycle.
Books by Raymond Buckland:
- Practical Candle burning Rituals. In the tradition of dealing with the supernatural, Raymond Buckland provides practical knowledge to the individual who is interested in learning spell and magic through the art of candle burning. In this book, he provides practical and easy to understand instructions for magic and spells that range in purposes such as love spells for the romantic individuals as well as healing spells for those who want to rid themselves of illnesses. As an addition to the practical guides in the book, he also includes a section which completely deals with spell and magic without the use of candles if an individual does not have access to candles.
- Advanced Candle Magick. This is the follow-up book to Buckland's first Candle magic book, and it picks of where the first book left off and ushers you to the next level of magic and spells dedicated for candle burning rituals. These are new rituals and spells that are fit for practical everyday use but are very advanced and powerful. The practical advice includes different advanced techniques such as the use of colors and astrology to charge your magic and spells and at the same time make use of other magic tools that are available for the candle magic wielder.
Books by Keith Morgan:
- Simple Candle Magick. Everybody needs an introduction to everything, especially if you are going to dabble in the mystic arts of spells and magic. This book by Keith Morgan is the perfect introductory book that will teach a beginner all of the basics of Candle magic, fully explained and illustrated. With the help of this book, any beginner will be casting a magic spell in no time.
Tom Alan is an wiccan and expert in the fields of witchcraft and and general magic, For more information go to http://witchcraftbooks.net.